After clearing immigration, you will need to pass through security screening. Be prepared by doing the following:
- Remove liquids, aerosols and gels from your hand luggage; place them separately in the tray provided
- Place your electronic devices (laptops, mobile phones, tablet etc) and metallic items (keys, coins) in a separate tray
- Remove coats, shoes and belts
- Place your hand luggage onto the conveyor belt
- Walk through the metal detectors or body scanners; you may be asked for enhanced security screening, if required
What can you carry in your hand luggage?
Only limited quantities of liquids (up to 100ml) can be carried through airport security into the Departures lounge. This includes bottled toiletries, drinks, fragrances, cosmetics and all frozen liquids. All bottles of liquid should be placed in a clear, re-sealable 20cm x 20cm plastic bag, to be presented to staff at X-ray screening point.
Medicines and special foodstuff such as baby food should be carried separately. You may be asked to provide proof of authenticity for any medicine, such as a prescription or letter from a medical practitioner.
Any liquids over 100ml must be packed in your checked-in luggage.
* All the items over 1000ml must be kept in check-in luggage.