There are strict regulations in place regarding your checked baggage and hand luggage.
Sharjah Airport works with the UAE Civil Aviation Authority, the UAE Police Force, the UAE Immigration Authority, Airlines, and other airport agencies to ensure the highest levels of aviation security. To help make your journey through the airport run smoothly, Click Here to view a list of all prohibited items that are banned from being brought onto an aircraft in your carry-on and checked baggage.
You are also advised to contact your airlines prior to your travel dates to check if there are any updates or new requirements on security checks to your destination.
After clearing immigration, you will need to pass through security screening. Be prepared by doing the following:
- Remove liquids, aerosols and gels from your hand luggage; place them separately in the tray provided
- Place your electronic devices (laptops, mobile phones, tablet etc) and metallic items (keys, coins) in a separate tray
- Remove coats, shoes and belts
- Place your hand luggage onto the conveyor belt
- Walk through the metal detectors or body scanners; you may be asked for enhanced security screening, if required
What can you carry in your hand luggage?
Only limited quantities of liquids (up to 100ml) can be carried through airport security into the Departures lounge. This includes bottled toiletries, drinks, fragrances, cosmetics and all frozen liquids. All bottles of liquid should be placed in a clear, re-sealable 20cm x 20cm plastic bag, to be presented to staff at X-ray screening point.
Medicines and special foodstuff such as baby food should be carried separately. You may be asked to provide proof of authenticity for any medicine, such as a prescription or letter from a medical practitioner.