The latest updates on the procedures and requirements for traveling through Sharjah Airport
• Travel is now permitted for all citizens and residents through Sharjah Airport to or from any destination in accordance with the procedures of respective countries of origin.
• Travelers are fully responsible for their actions and they must assess the epidemiological or Covid-19 situation of the countries they are planning to visit.
• Both tourists and residents must ensure that they have adequate health insurance that covers all costs of treatment and isolation until the results of their PCR medical test arrive.
• All travelers to Sharjah must have a negative PCR test report, conducted not more than 96 hours earlier, before arriving at Sharjah Airport. Travelers will have to undergo another PCR test Upon arrival at Sharjah Airport regardless of their earlier negative report.
• All incoming travelers must subject themselves to self-quarantine at their residence until the results of their PCR test are notified. In case the result is negative, he is entitled to move, and if the result is positive, travelers concerned will have to undergo home/health quarantine up to a period stipulated by the UAE Ministry of Health and Community Protection.
• In case of a positive case of PCR test, the period of medical isolation is 14 days, with travelers or their sponsors bearing the expenses of treatment and isolation. In the event of non-compliance of quarantine restrictions, they will be liable to strict legal action and penalties.
• This policy will be reviewed to align with the general situation whenever the need arises.
Procedures and requirements for the return of residents to UAE through Sharjah Airport (residencies issued by the UAE)
• All the residents are allowed to enter the country through Sharjah Airport without obtaining prior approvals.
• All travelers will have to undergo another PCR test upon arrival to the borders of the emirate.
• It is mandatory for all travelers to undergo a PCR test with a negative result not more than 96 hours before traveling.
• Any traveler with positive results will have to isolate and medicate at their own or their sponsors expenses.
• Travelers are required to download ALHOSN app.
Procedures and requirements for citizens and residents to travel through Sharjah Airport
• All UAE citizens and residents are now allowed to travel abroad through Sharjah Airport while observing the travel guidelines and procedures of the respective countries.
• Travelers will have to adhere to the health requirements of the country they are traveling to, and have a PCR if required.
• Travelers must obtain international health insurance for any travel.
• Travelers will have to have international health insurance when traveling abroad and undergo PCR test upon arrival at Sharjah Airport.
Procedures and requirements for the entry of visitors and tourists through Sharjah Airport
• Tourists from all countries are welcomed through Sharjah Airport, provided that they have:
– A valid ticket
– International medical insurance
– Tourists are required to have a PCR test result that is negative, no longer than 96 hours before arriving at Sharjah Airport. Proof must be presented upon entering Sharjah Airport, and the same examination must be completed upon arrival to Sharjah Airport
– Arrivals from all destinations must have a local UAE Mobile Number starting with 050, 056, 057 or 058 for PCR track and trace purposes. Without a UAE Mobile Number, passengers will not be allowed into the UAE. For your convenience, Telecom providers have booths in the Arrival PCR Testing Zones, so that a UAE SIM Card can be purchased, if needed.
• Travelers arriving in Sharjah Airport must:
– Self-quarantine in a hotel or place of residence until the results of the examination are known
– Follow Ministry of Health procedures and isolate in the event of a positive case being identified
– Download the ALHOSN application for track and trace purposes