Dr. Ghanem Al Hajri re-elected as Chairman of ACI
- Dr. Ghanem Al Hajri re-elected as Chairman of ACI on 6 November
Many expansion projects completed- Many expansion projects completed, taking Sharjah International Airport into a new era.
- Air Arabia buys 50 per cent stake in airport.
- Arrival area expanded to 4,000 square meters.
- New Arrical concourse, new holding longues, new air bridges (gates No. 6, 7, & 8), shops, cafeterias, public facilities and related elecro-mechanical services opened.
Sharjah International Airport awarded Best Global Airport 2005The Institute of Transport Management (ITM) – London has named Sharjah International Airport best Global Airport of the year.
Air ArabiaThe Gulf's first low-cost airline Air Arabia is launched.
Hala Services- A new Hala Services cell created in line with the airports mission to provide its passengers comfort and convenience. New counters for the Hala service, cell in the Departures and Arrivals area.
- Sharjah International Airport celebrated the twenty-fifth anniversary of its collaboration with the Frankfurt International Airport (Wrabort), the re-election of Dr. Ghanem Al-Hajri, Director General of the Department of Civil Aviation and Airport Authority of Sharjah, Chairman of the Governing Council of Airports Council International.
Construction of cargo Terminal 4 is completed- Construction of cargo Terminal 4 is completed at a cost of US$ 12 million.
- Sharjah Airport Travel Agency (SATA) was introduced.
- New improved Air-conditioned exit area for arriving passengers along with a new Greeters area.
Dh45m Freight Center providing the highest levels of facilitiesDh45m Freight Center providing the highest levels of facilities in keeping with international standards inaugurated.
Global Air Cargo Airport 1999
-Institute of Transport Management has awarded the Global Air Cargo Airport 1999 to Sharjah International Airport for Outstanding Contribution to the Transport Industry.
ModernizationNew first class and business class lounges with modern facilities like e-mail, Internet browsing etc. in addition to other facilities like TV, Phone and Catering, inaugurated this year.
Asian Freight Industry Awards 1998"Best Aircargo Terminal Operator" - Sharjah International Airport, 1st Runner-Up, Organized & Sponsored by Cargonews Asia.